Saturday, October 3, 2009

Meet Miss Scarlet Rose Royale



1) Do yo have any dance experience other than burlesque?

Yes, I do. I have studied belly dance for four years. I owe a lot to belly dance and to my teachers. It's taught me to be more fluid and lady-like not only when I dance, but also just "dancing" through life. I think I was a little rough around the edges in my movements before I began to study belly dance. It's made me more mindful of how I move my body. I've also taken exotic dance classes. Floor work is my favorite part, but I also love pole work. I actually have a pole permanently installed in my home. Believe me, that's an interesting conversation to have with assorted family members and friends visiting for the first time. (winks) I lose myself in the music and the movement. I love belly dance, but exotic dance and burlesque are much more "me."

2) What was it like to audition for a Bewitching Burlesque show?

I have to admit that I was a little nervous before the audition. Dancers see everything, and I do mean everything! I wasn't nervous at all thinking about being in front of a general audience, but women who have studied dance for years? Now that made me a bit nervous. Fortunately for me, the ladies in charge of Bewitching Burlesque are simply the warmest and most supportive women around. They really went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. It was a wonderful experience. I didn't know if they would want me to be in their show, but I knew I'd get a fair shot at it.







3) What was it like to BE in a Bewitching Burlesque show?

I have had the privilege of performing in two Bewitching Burlesque shows. I have had an absolutely marvelous experience with Bewitching Burlesque! The shows were very well organized from start to finish. These ladies are pros and really know what they are doing. The venues were well chosen, clean, and had great atmospheres. I felt very safe with the bouncers around looking out for all the dancers. I wasn't nervous at all. I was having too much fun backstage just hanging out with the other performers. What a wonderful group of women! I'm sure there has to be a diva somewhere in Burlesque, but I sure didn't meet any there. The women were all so kind and supportive of one another. The audience was simply divine. Great crowds!


4) What are your future Burlesque plans?

I'm head over heels in love with Burlesque! I'm absolutely smitten. I can't even believe how much fun this is! It is a lot of practicing and hard work, but I love that about it, too. I plan on taking all of the workshops and classes I can to improve and refine my performance abilities. I hope to be around the Texas Burlesque scene for years to come.


5) Tell us 3 things about yourself that people would be very surprised to know.

~I'm a complete Anglophile. I'm obsessed with the British. I'm going to get to go to England for the first time next summer. I am so excited!

~I wear high heels to mop my kitchen floor. No joke.

~I met my husband in a dive bar. "What's a nice guy like you doing in a dump like this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment